THIS PAGE IS BEING UPDATED AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.
FRIDAY, MAY 15th
As we move towards regathering in person as a church, we want to provide you with a guide for how Oasis will proceed. We know God is still at work during this time and as we move forward we want to walk with wisdom and patience. 1 Corinthians 13:4 says “Love is Patient”. We would ask that you would join with us in living out that foundational principle of love and practice patience as we navigate together.
You download a .PDF copy of this plan by clicking the link below:
Help us gather some important data, please take a brief survey by clicking the link below:
TUESDAY, MARCH 31th
Hello Oasis Family
We are praying for you all and believe that God is at work through all of this. Over the last week we have seen the growing need to provide food resources. Starting tomorrow Wednesday, April 1st, we will be opening the Oasis Food Pantry for drive-thru food pickup. The Oasis Pantry will be open for food pick up Tuesday-Saturday from 10:00-12:00pm.
We hope to be a blessing and provide for the needs that our community may have.
Thank for all your support and know that you are making a difference. Together we are better.
If you would like to donate food and assist in serving our community the follow is a list of items needed:
- Cans of Tuna
- Cans of Ravioli, Spaghettios, Chili
- Canned Veggies
- Boxes of Cereal
- Cans of Beans
- Bags of Rice
- Canned Soup / Ramen
- Dry Pasta
- Pasta Sauce
- Mac & Cheese
FRIDAY, MARCH 27th
THURSDAY, MARCH 19th
From the desk of Pastor Billy Claudio
Church is happening online this weekend!
The word of God says that where two are more are gathered in His name, He is present (Matthew 18:20). We are still able to experience the presence of the Lord together, thanks to Social Media. Join us this Sunday morning at 10 AM here on Facebook Live for a FULL SERVICE!
Don’t forget to invite some one to watch by simply sharing the link. What a great way to introduce people to Oasis and the Love of God
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18th
From the desk of Pastor Billy Claudio
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Today, I greet you with the same greeting Paul used in several of his letters to the church. We are certainly in a time where grace and peace are needed, and this is my prayer for you as we navigate through these unprecedented times.
We shared last week that we would be paying close attention to the directives issued from the CDC and governing officials in regard to managing the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The CDC in conjunction with President Trump have issued guidelines for the next 15 days to help stop the spread of the virus. This directive is that no meetings of 10+ people take place.
Our staff and I will comply with this national mandate, to help safeguard our most vulnerable population of elderly people by calling any group over this range to suspend gathering. This is to include our weekend services and upcoming events until further notice. We promise to keep you informed as to when we will resume on campus.
We do not walk in a spirit of fear, but we walk with wisdom in order to do our part as Christians and citizens. Scripture tells us to submit to governing authorities unless it is an issue against God’s authority. We see the purpose and value behind this directive, therefore we want to comply in order to minimize the consequence of this pandemic. This will pass in time, but until then we will do everything in our power to protect the vulnerable, help the needy, and minister to the broken in the name of Jesus.
Hebrews 10:25 says, “And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.”
It is a blessing that we live in times where we can still “meet together” via our online devices and this is what we plan to do! We will still have a Sunday service, but it will only be broadcast on Facebook live, where we can share in worship and the teaching of the Word of God, together.
You can go to our website: occphx.com or you can simply go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/occphx/ on Sunday Morning and watch along with everyone else.
Sunday Service LIVE on Facebook at 10:00 AM (Only one service)
Even though physical gatherings of over 10 people will temporarily cease, the vision and planning efforts for what is to come at Oasis will not. Our staff will still be working to effectively minister to the needs of people in our surrounding community, as well as planning for when we are released to gather again. You will see each staff member as a part of our online presence and maybe get to know some of them better.
Remember that God is always at work. He is telling a larger story than the Coronavirus!
This is a great time for the church to shine and share the hope and love that is found in Christ. Here are some of the ways we plan to continue to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
– Interactive Sunday experience online, as well as weekly words of encouragement.
– Our leadership team will still be available to pray with people.
– Our food pantry will still be open to feed the needy.
– We have been asked to provide childcare for those in the medical community, so they are still be able to do their jobs. We are still in the detail process and are working on ways we can do this.
– We will look for the opportunities to use our resources and connect with other churches to be the light to the world and minister to felt needs.
– We will provide weekly updates as well as links to helpful resources during this crisis.
– We are also looking at ways to stay connected and engage midweek with our church family, encouraging smaller community connections and online watch parties, as well as continuing our ongoing Oasis Podcast.
What can you do?
– Participate in our online gatherings. We will start with Sunday services, but will be posting throughout the week on our social media sites like our Instagram @oasisphx.
– Volunteer to participate in the opportunities we make available to help those in need.
– Remain faithful in your giving. (If you do not know how to give online, we can help. There is a link on our website for giving opportunities)
– Look for those in need around you and be available to pray with them, provide basic needs/ refer them to our church for help.
We believe that Jesus is the hope of the world! Now is an opportune time to bring His comfort, grace, peace and love to those around us. We are here for you. If you need to contact us please do not hesitate. This is the time for the church to be the church.